How do you prepare for Housing Selection?

Housing selection can be a stressful time in the Spring semester, as it usually falls around the same time as midterms, but if you sort out your housing plan for the following year in advance then the process can be a great experience! To be eligible to apply for next year’s housing, I would have already filled out the housing application sometime last semester that is due at the beginning of Spring semester. Also, I would check emails and the Residential Life website for updates on when housing selection will occur and when my pick date/time has been assigned.

In preparation for the pick time, I would have already talked with the people I planned on living with for next year to organize who has the earliest time, in which case that person would pull in the other roommates. In terms of picking where to live, residence halls, suites, apartments, etc. a good place to start is looking at the number of credits one has and how early the pick time is. You can have a few options in mind of where to live based on your year standing and how early your pick time is, as certain areas will fill up more quickly than others. For any questions that come up during the housing selection process, you can always talk to your Resident Assistant or email a ResLife staff member. Good luck!
~ Dean Mazzola